How people react when someone ask for address
Asking for directions is the first thing we do when we arrive in a new place. Or even when we are just trying to find a place. Knowing how best we can ask for the “exact address location” can make our life so much easier!
The way we ask for directions may affect the answer we get. Here are some tips we can use when you need to visit the exact location.
1. Use Greetings and Polite Expressions – Starting the conversation with a greeting is a must. If you want to receive a nice explanation, begin by saying hello first.
Hello! Good Afternoon!
Excuse me, could you help me? I need to get ……. Place
Finish with a “thank you” and “have a nice day”.
2. Modal Verbs Will Help You Express Yourself
May I ask you how to get to…………
Could you help me?
I would like to go to the ……………
3. Build Your Vocabulary- You should know the basic vocabulary that can be used when getting directions.
4. Know How to Ask a Question- Try not to leave any information out, if you ask a specific question there are more chances of getting a specific answer.
How can we get to ………… ?
5. Don’t Be Afraid of Using Landmarks- Every city in the world has its own landmarks. You can cut down on search time if you know what the important landmarks are in the city or place you are visiting.
6. Learn to take help from Google Maps – Before you go on a trip, check first where your house is located on a map. Find it and mark it! It is important to know where you live.
Learn to forgive yourself if you get a little lost. We all do that now and then, especially when exploring a place!